Kerala is known as home of ayurveda because
- 5000 year oldsystem of healing
- Contribution of traditional practioners and vaidyans
- It is the home of 900 different ayurvedic herbs
- The special oils and techniques used in Kerala Ayurveda help to open up the skin pores and the medicines used in massaging get easily absorbed into the body. It increases the effectiveness of the treatment.
- The high availability of herbals in Kerala makes the medicines high in its quality.
- Traditional methods in the field of Ayurveda and Panchakarma contributed to the development of special treatment procedures like shirodhara, pizhichil and other techniques.
- Highly dedicated professionals who know their work and are ready to make sacrifices for the cause.